Mar 2, 2009

Tale of 2 Flowers








Hey all! I had a snow day from work today, so I had all day to play (in between laundry of course). I had been eyeing this SU stamp set called Morning Soft, for a while. I finally decided to get it on my last order, since it is Sale-a-bration, and I would get some free stamps. On Friday night, I decided that I wanted to see how I liked this image colored the best.
I stamped it once on Papertrey white cs with Memento black ink, and another time with black Stazon ink. I colored the blue one first (Stazon) with Koh-i-noor pencils and oms. It was really fun to blend and shade this flower. The other (Memento) I colored with Copic markers in shades of yellow. This was a lot faster and easier, but definitely gave different results. They sat on my desk until today, when I used them on these cards.
The blue flower uses not quite navy and pink pirouette cs, as well as Basic Grey dp. I ran the pink strip through my cuttlebug with an embossing folder, and cut out the label with my nesties. I added a Su flower brad and some stickles to finish. This is a get well card for my aunt who is having some health issues.
The yellow flower uses old olive, cert celery cs, as well as Basic Grey and Paper Studio dp. I used a scalloped rectangle nestie to mount the image on, and added some ribbon to finish. This is my sympathy card that I need for a friend. Sympathy cards are hard to make and hopefully the yellow is not too cheery.
I think that I will use this stamp a lot. Which do you like better???? I am leaning towards the blue. Let me know what you think.


No comments: