Color Challenge
The color challenge over at SC this week was groovy guava and always artichoke. Groovy guava is not exactly my favorite color, but I figured I would try it anyways. Luckily, I love the artichoke so I found something that worked. I used SU's Pick a Petal stamps, the hostess set So Many Sayings, and the Stem Sayings. I stamped the base with aa and gg with the circle stamp from the pick a petal and then stamped the petals on ww and cut them out. I added some white gel pen and some leaves and brads for the middle of the flower. The upper right corner needed something, so I used some white grosgrain and aa sheer ribbon to make a bow. I was definitely happier with this color combo than I thought I would be. I may duplicate this card in a few more colors and different sentiments.
I think that I used all of my creative energy on this card. I went to the post office to mail my prize to the blog candy winner ( Allison, it's on the way!) and stopped for some lunch. I think it made me sleepy zzzzzzzz......I will try and post again tomorrow. I have to make a few christening cards to send out which I will share when they are done. Have a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment