Oct 24, 2007

Challenges


I had a chance to do the color challenge and the sketch challenge over at SCS. I was up early this morning waiting for some furniture to be delivered. Once they were here and gone, I sat down to make some cards. I have a few birthdays coming up, so I decided to make only birthday cards today.


I really loved the color combo this week. Soft sky is one of my favorite SU colors. It looks so nice with the gray and the pomegranate. I wanted to use some of my new stamps from MFT. These flower images are so pretty, lots of detail. The soft sky flower has lots of shine to it, I went over the detailed part with some stardust gel pen. This one needs to be mailed so I did not want to add too much bulk.


The sketch challenge was a simple one today, but a very good one. I decided to use my new Papertray stamps for this card. I went with a non birthday color combo. I had a sheet of this Basic Grey paper out and decided to use it. I used creamy caramel and ruby red cs and some Bazzill cs. The red stickles make the image pop. My picture is not great, it is very dreary here today, so even outside didn't let me get a good image. Hope everyone is well.

No comments: