Oct 24, 2007

Think Pink Blog Candy

Ok, I am having camera issues today, so bear with me! I made this pin with the MFT Breast Cancer Awareness set. I am sure that everyone reading this has known someone or been touched by cancer. I saw this done on Nicole's blog (http://stampinlibrarygirl.blogspot.com/) and knew that I wanted to copy it. I used layers of black cs and crystal effects to give the image the strength needed for a pin. I used magnets on the back to save my shirts from lots of holes. I have been wearing this to work for a few days and decided that the sentiment on it was worthy of some blog candy.



My blog just passed 2000 hits. I know that is a small amount compared to some bloggers, but I never thought 100 people would check out my blog. So I need to celebrate! I am asking that all entries have a card link attached. I want everyone to make a pink card, preferably for breast cancer awareness, but it does not have to be. Contest will end on Halloween and I will pick my favorite card from the batch. I have some ribbon and stamps to give away. I will post a pic later when my photo mojo is working again. Good luck!!

5 comments:

jodene said...

Here is a card I made this week with lots of pink!
www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=703398&cat=500&ppuser=118582
Thanks for the chance!

Lulu said...

I posted 3 "Cards for a Cure" cards on my website recently. I have on of my best friends who has breast cancer. She is only 37 and has 3 young girls. I made these cards and am selling them in packs of 5 for $8 and all the $$ is going to the Susan G. Komen foundation in my friends name. here is my site and my "Think Pink" cards: http://stampsinkpaper.blogspot.com/2007/10/cards-for-cure.html
Enjoy! and thanks for the blog candy offer. Feel free to enter yourself in mine too!
Happy Stamping!
Laura

Cheryl KVD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl KVD said...

Here is my card for breast cancer. I have 2 aunts that are going through treatment for it right now. One is doing real well and the other isn't doing so good.

http://cakvd2.blogspot.com/2007/05/card.html

Thanks.
Cheryl KVD

Dawn Easton said...

I'm so happy to have found your blog! I LOVE that pin you made! What a fantastic idea! I think it would be great to make with my monthly card girls this month. Did it take long?
I made a box and a tin last week with the MFT set! I gave the tin filled with Pink M & M's to a secretary at school that survived breast cancer.
Here are my projects: thanks for looking!
http://treasureoilerdesignz.blogspot.com/2007/10/mft-boxes-and-jens-sketch.html