Oct 17, 2007

New Stamps


I have to brag about my new Verve Visual stamps. I really love them! I also have to compliment Julie on getting them out so fast! She rocks. Anyone who is reading this blog knows, when stampers order stamps, we want them now! I decided to use them for my SCS challenges today.


The first card is the color challenge this week. It was to make a pink card in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. I got the color correct, but my card has nothing to do with the subject! I used my Seasonal Circles VV stamps, rose red, ww, and pretty in pink cs and ink. Since these stamps just beg for circles, I thought they resembled an ornament. So I dug out some neglected silver wire and wrapped it around the top and made a hook. I really like the way this came out. It is sooo sparkly IRL. I used lots of stardust gel pen and liquid pearls on this card. I also used the SU All in a Row stamps for the dots on the sides.



For the second card, SC sketch challenge, I used the VV Seasonal Circles and Winter wonder stamps. Card stock and ink are blue bayou, soft sky, ww, and bashful blue. I used craft white ink to soften the edges of the base and blue bayou piece of cs. Lots of stickles on the circle of snowflakes and lots of ribbon. I also added a rhinestone brad and distressed the outer circle and the snowflake piece. I am definitely going to use these sets a lot.


I need to make a sympathy card today. These are the hardest for me. It is a fine line between pretty and understated and too cheerful. I think that is why they are so hard to make, we as stampers make cards to brighten another person's day and sympathy cards are for a totally different reason. I will post what I came up with later.



I have been planning my next blog candy giveaway. I will post what it is when I get to 2000 hits. Hope everyone is well!

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

These look great...I am having stamp envy!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These cards are beautiful. I'm so glad you're enjoying your new stamps. Sympathy cards are super hard for me, too. I'm so into glitter and sparkle that it's so hard to tame it down when I need to.