Splitcoast

First off, I have to say that I love the splitcoaststampers website. But......it totally distracts me from what I NEED to do. There are so many other craft projects that I need to get to, but the challenges call to me. I decided rather than resist it, I will make it work to my advantage.
From now on I will try to make cards that I need for that time (notice I said TRY ;). I won't just use a set because I feel like it. If I need a birthday card, I will make a birthday card and so on. Hopefully, the new sets that I have at the time will work with what I need!
Ok, on to today's cards. I needed a get well card and thankfully my new MFT stamps had a get well sentiment. I really loved this cute image esp the dog and rain boots. I figured that it would be fun to color as all MFT stamps are. I made this for the MFT sketch challenge over at SCS found here http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308100. I don't always do this one, but since I got their new stamps, I gave it a whirl. I love the way it came out.
The first card is a birthday card for my God daughter. Her special day is Jan 3. I know with the hectic holiday, if I don't make it now I will forget. I bought 2 paper stack at AC Moore by DCWV. They were 40% off a week or 2 ago. I love their papers a lot esp the glittery ones. I used my All in the Family SU stamps that don't get ink often. This was an expensive set, and I don't use it as much as I should. This one is for the Sketch challenge at SCS. It was a hard sketch to work with, but once I decided on the stamps, it came together quickly.
I decided to save my Christmas card until closer to the holiday. I will wait until my family receives theirs to post it. Have a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment