No Card
I am sorry that I do not have a card today. I had to post and vent about something. I just got home from work and lo and behold, there is a UPS note on my door saying that they tried to deliver a box from Stampin' Up. Can you guess what I was getting??? Yes my new catalogs!!! Does the man in brown not know that I have been haunting the front porch and the mailbox waiting for them???? Does he not know the agony that I will go through reading everyone else's posts that received theirs as I wait until MONDAY?? Did he not see the nice box that the FED Ex man left me??? UPS is not on my good list right now.
Back in October, I had a gift coming to me from a relative. When it didn't arrive when she said it would, she called to see what had happened. Apparently it was shown as being delivered the week prior to my home. I scoured the porch, backyard, etc, and no box. UPS was very nice about the situation and I had to sign a paper that I did not receive it. It was resolved and she had the item sent again.
Since this incident, my UPS man will not leave a package without a signature. So everything that I get, I get a day late, or worse, have to wait an entire weekend for it. I have not seen him since it happened, and I will be here Monday when he comes. We live out in the country, and I have had at least 100 packages delivered here since I moved into this house. I have never once had anything stolen. I can't imagine anyone would have taken it. I think it was not the regular driver and he screwed up and I have to pay for it!!
I called my fiancee' and told him. He is only so sympathetic since he doesn't get the whole stamp thing. I figured anyone who reads this would understand and feel my pain and make me feel better.
Now I know it is Christmas, and there are so many unfortunate people out there, and I am very lucky to have a family, a job, a roof over my head, but I was really looking forward to looking at that tonight before I got crazy with the last of my holiday preparations. I am going to appease myself by thinking that I wouldn't have time to look at it like I need to since we will be busy. Yeah right. Maybe I will stamp to make me feel better.
I don't think there will be any BROWN on my cards tonight............

No comments:
Post a Comment