It's Candy Time!
I am a week late getting this posted, but it's finally here! I am giving away this bunch of goodies to one of my lucky readers. Could it be you???? Maybe ;) In honor of my upcoming marriage, leave me a comment about your favorite wedding memory (yours or someone else's) on this post before Friday, March 21st. I will choose a random winner on Saturday. Prize includes some Studio G stamps, SU stamps, lots of ribbon, chipboard, a silver alterable tin, some clips, and some bling. Good luck.
I just finished submitting my projects for Gina K's design team call. I was afraid that I almost didn't make the 11pm central deadline. We had some wicked storms come through today along with tornado watches. I hate that. I am from NJ so all I had to worry about was snow! The tornado thing is new to me. I was afraid to turn on the computer with all of the lightening. I would almost rather the snow. Wish me luck on the submission.
I will be back tomorrow with more and maybe I will get to do a card for the featured stamper. Wonder who it will be??

20 comments:
Ohh...fun blog candy! A favorite wedding memory of mine would be the look on my brothers face when he first caught sight of his bride up at the alter. Made my heart melt. jmniffer
One of my favorite weddings was my niece's which was a few years ago on New Year's Eve. It was like a big New Year's Eve party and wedding all in one.
Best Wishes on your upcoming marriage.
Linda Peterson
craftylin1968@aol.com
Congrats on upcoming wedding. My daughter got married in September at a beautiful botanical garden in Utah on a perfect weather day. Most memorable part of wedding was how they chose to have so many guest and family members involved in making their day special from readings to handing out pamplets. Perfect wedding for a beautiful couple. Wishing yours turns out the same!
Nettie
About one month ago I'v been to the wedding of my best friend. The evening was completely build up around a maroccan theme. The happy couple are both Belgian, but they like to travel around the world. The decoration was maroccan and there was tajine to eat. For the opening dance everyone was expecting a tradtional slow dance, but it was salsa (not maroccan, but they went to Cuba 2 years ago and he proposed her there). I really liked the whole evening because it was a very origial and personal wedding.
My favorite memory is of two people I did not know. We were on vacation in Santa Margharita, Italy, and stopped by a cathedral in the middle of town. A wedding was taking place, and we were able to peek in the door and watch the wedding take place. Lovely memory from a lovely trip!
Sandye
my husband and i eloped, we lived in florida at the time...you don't have to have witnesses there if you're a resident, we didn't know anyone so we didn't have witnesses...we just went to the court house and a clerk walked us to the atrium to perform the ceremony
she was nervous too, maybe she didn't get alot of the elopement business LOL so she goes (reading straight from the sheet) "we are gathered here today in front of God and all of these witnesses..." at which point my husband and i snickered loudly and she flushed
it was funny and sort of broke the ice
happy wedding
Oh I hate being number one but here goes. I was matron of honor in a friends wedding forty years ago. I had been sick with Hong Kong flu for the week before the wedding. In bed all the time. I didn't even make it to the rehearsal dinner. The day of the wedding, kneeling in the sanctuary I fainted dead away!!! The bride's father picked me up and carried me off to the sacristy but I was able to return to walk down the aisle at the end. What a mess. Count me in on the blog candy!
Congrats on your approaching wedding day! I hope it all goes well.
I have all sorts of wonderful wedding memories from my sisters and my brother's weddings as well as other family members. I guess my favourite one though has to be of my own wedding. I really did not think I would ever get married. I had a son as a single parent when I was 23 and had made the conscious decision that I would not date until he was raised as I didn't want all sorts of different men coming and going throughout his growing up. Now I wasn't a Nun or anything and I did go on a few dates over the years but nothing steady and you had to be pretty special to meet my son. Then almost 9 years ago I met a wonderful man..he was 14 years young than me and I thought..ok this is not going to work. After dating for 4 years, he proposed and planned a spring wedding then, on December 1st of 2000, he came to me and said..why don't we get married on the 20th of this month since it is your parents' Wedding anniversayr. Both of my Parents had passed on and he suggested it would be a way to have them as part of our wedding. We put the wedding together in 19 days and go married in the house we were renting. There were 50 of our closest friends and family there.
The most memorable moment for me was when I walked down the Isle to stand next to George and looked at him and smiled...I was so surprised to see that he was crying. George is a guy's guy...a macho kinda man and he doesn't cry easily. Seeing those tears running unashamed down his cheek is probably one of the most beautiful moments of our life together. I will never forget it.
Here's a good one. I went to my coworkers wedding. It was on Halloween night and was mandatory dressup. They had been together for about 25 years and finally wanted to tie the knot. They insisted on no gifts but to wear a costume. What a blast we had. The preacher was a palm tree.
The sight of my daughter walking down the aisle is my favorite memory, as she looked so happy and so beautiful.
Congrats on your upcoming wedding! My favorite wedding memory is the fun we had - and at the end of the night we watched the fireworks from a nearby festival. Thanks for sharing :)
Congrats on your wedding. Love the ribbon. I have the most fun at my cousins weddings. They are Italian and you never know what to exspect because they are such a large and close family.
Congrats on your upcoming wedding! My Fav wedding memory is riding in a horse drawn carriage after the ceremony. It was sooo romantic!
Congrats on your wedding. One of my memories is waking up, looking out the window and seeing what a beautiful day in May it was going to be. Like every bride, one of my major worries was the weather!
diane52381@gmail.com
Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I just got remarried last August and although it was very small and outside.......the sight of my new husband with tears in his eyes as I joined him under the arch is a moment I'll never forget.
Congratulations on your wedding. Best wishes to you both. Thanks for the chance to win.
Sara
Thanks for the opportunity to win the blog candy! An interesting wedding memory that I have is of a close friend's wedding. The ceremony was in the sanctuary, and their reception was in an adjoining gymnasium. When the guests were dismissed to the reception, no one remembered to extinguish the flames from the unity candle and several other candles that were in a centerpiece at the altar. The candles caused some silk flowers to ignite, and the fire spread to some wood panels in the sanctuary. The smoke alarms went off, and firetrucks arrived with blaring sirens. Fortunately one of the groomsmen was a firefighter and quickly got the blaze under control with minimal damage. I was a photographer for her wedding, and the wedding party enjoyed posing with the firetruck and firemen to preserve memories of their exciting reception. ;)
Awesome blog candy!! My favorite wedding memory was of my sister's wedding....her hubby was so nervous that during the vows he said, "I Karen" instead of "I Jason!" It makes me smile everytime I think of it. They've been married for 21 years now.
Thanks!
Cheryl KVD
Well That's some sweet looking candy. I'll share a memory of my wedding..I totally loved the fact that during the service we stood "sideways" so that the crowd would have a better view of us rather then just see our backs. I think that's something that's nontraditional and yet a favorite memory of mine.
May God Bless you this Easter.
The blog candy looks great! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. My favorite wedding story is how my husband and I left all our airline tickets/cashier checks/confirmation info and transfers in the suitcase we left in Michigan, where we were living, but a LONG way from NJ were we were getting married! Long before ATM's and the banks were already closed on Saturday when we realized what we did. We bought new airline tickets and just after the reception we opened all the cards to get the cash to take on our honeymoon. We came home from Barbados with $1.55 in our pockets. It will be 24 years of marriage in May so all turned out OK.
Post a Comment