Sketch Challenge for Father's Day
I had wanted this Gina K stamp set since I first saw the previews. My limited budget leading up to the wedding kept me from ordering it. Once it was over, and I recalculated some finances, I decided to spend a little money on some things that I had been coveting. This was the first order that I placed, and true to Gina K customer service, I had this set in my hands (along with another set and some accessories) in a few days. Her shipping time rocks! I quickly trimmed these up this morning so I could use them.
I hadn't done a challenge on SCS in FOREVER, so I started with today's sketch challenge. I really loved the layout and it seemed to fit the stamps that I wanted to use. My Dad plays a lot of golf and is the reason that I wanted these stamps. I figured that I could make his Father's Day card now and actually have it to him on time. I used some SU cs in basic gray, bravo burgundy, and very vanilla. The brownish cs is Bazzill. The dp is Mustard Moon and I thought it was very "manly". The stamps are Gina K king of the Grill and the golf ball stamp is from a retired SU set called Good Sport. I added some brads and a photo corner and some misc ribbon. I really love the way my card came out. I want to make a fishing one for my husband and maybe even a grill one.
I made a bunch of wedding shower thank yous over the weekend that I will post in the next week or so. I am on a mission to actually get my house cleaned and organized so I don't feel guilty stamping for hours. One of my projects is actually setting up a "stamp space". I use a small card table in our computer room and have no workspace at all. I create on a 8x8 inch spot on the table and I need to make it a better environment. I spend more time searching for things than stamping. I have been checking out how other crafters have redone their work areas and have picked up many ideas. I can't wait to put it all together! Hopefully my husband will be as excited as me to work on this project. Good luck with that, right? I can convince him ;)
See you all later, ty for stopping by!

No comments:
Post a Comment