Challenges and Contests

Since my stamping time is limited, I am trying to combine contests and challenges into the same cards. I have been trying to do a card for each, but wind up not getting to some. So my new challenge to myself, is to combine challenges as much as I can.
My first card is for Mel M's contest (see 2 posts below) and Beate's WSC. I made this card for my bro and sis in law's anniversary. I used the Gina K Hip Hop Accessories set and a Papertrey sentiment. I cuttlebugged the summer sun cs, and used close to cocoa, so saffron dp, and papertrey white cs. The giraffes are stamped on the Papertrey white, then colored with Copics. I cut both of them out and glued them onto another piece of white. I cut the one giraffes head off (that sounds gruesome), and made it snuggle up to the other. The flower is from Marcella, the brad is Gina k, and the ribbon is Daisy Bucket. I got this paper ribbon from Kim at MFT. It's very cool and comes in a bunch of colors. It looks great shredded.
My second card is for te color challenge and Jen Del Muro's SFYTT. The colors were soft sky, black, and kraft. I added a little blue bayou and Papertrey white. I made the main image with Papertrey's Spiral Bouquet stamp set. I used the same colors in ink. The bg is rolled with a SU dotted wheel in black, and I added some black dots around the edges. My ribbon is May Arts and the flower is CTMH. The buttons are MM I think. Black cord is SU. I love this card. Not sure who it is going to.
I am going to work on the sketch challenge today. I was going to catch a movie, but it is so beautiful I can't stay inside. Hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment:
I can't believe I'm the first to comment--I love these cards. I really like the SFYTT one---the colors are lovely and I LOVE those buttons!
Post a Comment