Sep 24, 2008

Combos


I am trying to get back to combining challenges since I can't seem to get them all done (I hate that my job gets in the way). I can only get one or two cards done daily, and there are so many challenges! I was out most of the day today but managed to make these two cards.




The first one is for SCS sketch challenge, and for the Unity Wednesday challenge. The Unity challenge was to paper piece an image. This is when you stamp your image on a piece of paper, then stamp it on patterned paper and cut out different areas to put on your original stamped image. It is always a cool technique, and a great way to use up your scraps. The stamp set is Unity's Delectable Delights, cs is bordering blue and purple (no idea which one), and Papertrey white. The dp is DCWV and som misc from Michael's. It's hard to see in the pic, but I stamped the image on acetate and cut it out and glued it over the paper pieced image. Gave it a little more depth. I added some ribbon, rhinestones, and primas and it was done. I think this may wind up being a birthday card.





The second one was just a card that I made. I won this stamp set, Little Labels, from Unity. I thought it would make a sweet card. I used ruby red, very vanilla and brown cs. DP is Chatterbox, and ribbon is SU. I added some stickles to the heart and paper pierced the bottom. I love this sentiment.



Well, ty for stooping by. I will be back tomorrow with another post!

2 comments:

Jessy said...

Dawn- such adorable cards. The ice pop looks good enough to eat!! great job with the challenge. :)

Maria said...

Very nice! Don't you just love that sketch challenge from this past week!