Sep 15, 2008

SFYTT and Blog Candy!



I am sorry that I have been absent for a few days. We got new cars last weekend, and apparently I do not know how to close the door on mine. I slammed my door full force on my right thumb on Friday, and am still hurting. I don't think I broke anything, but it hurts like crazy. I had so much that I wanted to do this past weekend, but couldn't. I stamped a little today, but I can only do a little at a time.



I did these 2 cards for Jen Del Muro's SFYTT. I used a Bella image from an image swap that I participated in for the first card. Isn't she cute? I need me some Bellas (along with the other 100 stamp companies that I like, where's the money tree????). The second card is a Unity stamp that I won at one of their Hip Hop Thursdays at SCS. I colored both of them with my Koh-I-Noor pencils and oms. Paper is choc chip, pretty in pink, rose, Papertrey white, and Basic Grey dp. Some ribbon, buttons, and bling finished them off.






I posted my 200th post the other day! I know that is nothing compared to other stamping blogs, but I am proud! So to celebrate, I am offering up some blog candy (which I will post a pic of tomorrow). Let me know what your stupidest injury has been. I feel like a total spaz hurting my thumb like I did, so your stories might make me feel better! I will pick a winner on Saturday, Sept 20th. Thanks for stopping by and good luck!

9 comments:

Kristen Carll said...

Aww.. I am so sorry to hear that you hurt your thumb! I just found your blog and you cards are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them and I hope you feel better! To make you feel better... I used to straighten my hair with an iron (about 5 years ago) for the first day of school and I had my head on the ironing board... and burned my forehead... :( It did not look cute for school pictures! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Jen del Muro said...

These are SO CUTE!!! Thx for playing!!

Cindy Loven said...

oyyy on the thumb injury...my stupidest injury was also my most serious injury...I was trying to burn trash (diapers) with gasoline, and I splashed gas on me and caught on fire...had 2nd and 3rd degree burns, (this was 14 years ago) both arms were solid blisters from finger tips to elbows...not smart...not smart at all..
ohhh and pick me for blog candy...ROFL...LORD knows that has to be the stupidest thing anyone ever did...
~Cindy~

Stephanie said...

Love your cards!

Candlewyck Baptist Student Ministry said...

Adorable cards! :)

Annelies said...

Three years ago I got some bad news from my boss (I had to change from office). I was really upset and when I was ironing my clothes that evening I was more thinking about that news and I took the iron on the wrong side and burned my hand. Funny enough that moment made me accept the decision and now I'm much more happier in my new office. Thanks for a chance to win! Greetings from Belgium, Annelies

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on reaching 200 posts. I'm still cringing at the thought of what it felt like when you slammed your thumb in the car door! Thanks for sharing your cards with us.

Swedie

Scott Franson Photography said...

Love your work, it's wonderful. My stupidest injury was cutting my finger open while cleaning my scissors. I wanted to de-gunk my scissors after cutting rubber stamps to mount and rubbed too hard, cut my finger open in the process. Hope your thumb is feeling better.
Claudia
scfranson@charter.net
www.claudiafranson.blogspot.com

Creatively Speaking said...

My dummest injury: I thought I would be "showy" and walk a barrel. I walked it, right off the back! I ended up with an inch gash in my chin. The boys I was trying to impress.....not so much!!!! Can you believe it, not only did I not impress the boy but ended up with a nice scar on my chin FOREVER!!!! Okay, talk about dumb!