Nov 10, 2008

Weekly Challenges


If you have been hanging around my blog lately, you may have noticed my obsession with my Unity stamps. I seem to use them for all of the SCS challenges. You ask why? Well because you can win prizes! I have won some Unity stamps by participating in the Unity forum and for the challenges. And it has made me addicted! I also want to showcase what great stamps they are especially for the $$$.
So today's TLC was to make a Christmas tree ornament box. I am sad to say that I do not own any Unity Christmas stamps (that will change when I get my next order). So I started thinking of what I did have. I just received their Fall Festival kit and had stamped and colored some images. I saw the pilgrim and Indian and the light bulb went on. How about a tee pee??? Looks about the same eh? So I went to work. I printed out the template on barely banana cs, and sponged it with close to cocoa ink. The image is stamped with Memento black ink and colored with Copics. I punched them out with my scallop square punch and layered it with a choc chip scallop square. I added some new felt ribbon from the SU holiday mini catalog as the floor. You ask what is sticking out the top? Well, I would have liked it to be 2 twigs, but it was dark and cold and all I could find was pine straw. So I made due. I think this would be a cute place card or a box filled with candy corn or Fall M&M's.
Thanks for checking this out. Have a great night!

No comments: