Jun 18, 2009

YSHLUA #6



The ladies that chat over in the Unity friends forum on SCS, came up with a challenge several weeks ago. They call it YSHLUA, as in you shouldn't have left us alone. Isn't that too funny?? I had only participated in one of the other challenges, so today was my day to try one again. This week, Katy, wanted us to use the color we hate the most, and 2 embellishments that we dislike. Also, we needed to use stamps that hadn't seen ink yet. Ugh!!
The stamp part was easy, I have tons that I haven't used! I used one from Unity's May kotm. The color was more difficult. I tend to use all colors so I went to my cs drawer and started to look. Then it hit me, way in the back, glorious green. Ewwww, that color only says one thing to me, Xmas. Now I do love Xmas, but I am not a fan of the primary red and green representing the holiday. I try to stay away from that combo. I tried to tone it down with mellow moss, but I am not sure it worked. For my embellies, I used eyelets and some kind of fiber (the fiber idea I stole from Katy, thanks gf). I don't mind the jumbo eyelets, but I have no use for the small ones. I think I OD'd on them when I first started papercrafting. The fibers are OK, but not in that color. I added a sentiment and embossed the mellow moss piece for some distraction. I added some stickles to finish it.
So what do you think? Should the glorious green stay in the back of the drawer??? Right now I am not seeing Xmas, but St. Patty's day. My card needs a shamrock. Thanks for looking!!

4 comments:

de said...

Dawn, you're funny girl! What a great challenge! Sounds like fun! I'm not sure about the green alone, but the way you've put it together, it's rather pretty!

Scrapacat said...

Oooh - now I DO like green! I agree with De...the way you've done it you can't help but love it! So, admit it - you like it just a little! We should send all our projects from this challenge to Katy! ~ky

Katy said...

I LOVE IT! A little St. Patty's Day, but beautiful none the less!! Thanks for playing the challenge. :)

FibreJunky said...

I absolutely love that card!! There are some shades of green that I don't like, but what you used wasn't one I dislike. It can be a little much sometimes on its own, but it sure came out gorgeous here!