Oct 10, 2007

Challenges



So, I have been a bad blogger. I have been so busy this last week with wedding planning and baseball games, plus work. We had a busy weekend and I did not get much stamping done. I concentrated on scrapbooking. I am making a wedding album for my fiance's niece and I want to get it done in the next month. Today I decided (after my many phone calls), to do some SCS challenges.
The first is the sketch challenge for this week. I really liked the simplicity of this layout. I needed a baby card, so I decided to use the stamp and sentiment from SU's Fun and Fast Notes. This is definitely one of my favorite sets. It is so versatile. I had just cleaned out my ribbon stash, and found this cute polka dot ribbon. I embossed around the edge with a stylus and added some white gel pen dots. Somehow it is crooked. Probably operator error I am sure.
The second card is for this weeks color challenge. The colors were, river rock, basic gray, and basic black. I needed a thank you card and this combo seemed very elegant. I used some Autumn Leaves stamps that I got at Target and the So Swirly jumbo wheel from SU. I love this butterfly stamp with the heart wings. It's too cute! I punched out a 1'in circle from a punched scallop. It gave it a little bit of a frame effect.
I noticed that my blog is inching towards 2000 hits. I am excited about this. I think it may be time for blog candy again. Stay tuned for more info. Ok I am off to watch Private Practice. Not as good as Grey's Anatomy, but entertaining.

3 comments:

Leah said...

THAT IS ADORABLE!!!!!! I love it! Great job!

Leah said...

....the baby card is my favorite!

Courtney said...

great cards!