Oct 4, 2007

Two for One


I hadn't stamped in a few days so I decided that today is the day! I am off of work today (it's my birthday) and the fiance' is working. I need to catch up on some creating.

The first card is for a challenge on Jen's blog ( http://www.stamping-therapy.blogspot.com/ ). It was to use bravo burgundy and always artichoke. I picked this Stampendous Fluffles stamp up at Michael's when they were on sale. I just loved the image especially because I can see myself tangled in tree lights ( thank goodness for pre-lit trees ). I used the SU Christmas Chatter jumbo wheel for the background, and added some brads and ribbon. It's hard to tell from the pick, but there is silver gel pen on the lights and cord to give it sparkle. This card was super easy to make and stays away from those traditional Christmas colors which I hate.

The second card is for the color challenge this week on SCS. The colors were blue bayou, river rock, and Chocolate chip. The blue made me think of snow and winter and I think that I am on a Christmas card kick. I used the SU Frosty and Party Punch set. I water colored the image in the colors above plus some orange for the carrot. I used the designer label punch that goes with the stamps, and punched out the center with a 1 in punch. I layered it on a circle of blue bayou and distressed the edges. I added a rhinestone brad and a choc chip circle behind it. I used glue dots to place the ribbon and dimensionals to adhere the label. The snowman and the snow have crystal effects mixed with dazzling diamonds on them. Very sparkly IRL. I also embossed the snowflakes on the bayou paper with silver EP. Hope everyone is having a great day! You better be, this is the best day of the year ;).

1 comment:

Leah said...

These cards are cute! I love the background of the words on the first card. And the tag on the second makes the card. Very cute!