Nov 17, 2007

Saturday

I am not sure if I ever posted this card. I used the SU Year After Year stamp set, blue bayou, river rock, and ww cs. I added lots of white gel pen and some stickles. I then finished it off with some ribbon. It will be some one's anniversary card. I don't have any for a while, but I will be ready when I do.




We went to Home Depot this morning for a few things. I really hate going there. My fiancee' takes FOREVER looking at everything. I am going to start taking him to craft stores and see how he feels. I have not stamped today. I finished my Thanksgiving cards last night, and started playing with my new FREE hostess set from SU. They sent every demo a free level 3(the hardest one to earn) hostess set. It is very cute and is called Time Well Spent. It is a combo of flowers, a butterfly, and some sweet sayings. It is sticking with the doodle them. SU has a new catalog coming out Jan 1, 2008. I have seen a preview and I am excited. I should have some of the new stamps soon to show you and when I get my first card done with this set, I will post it.




So, I have been debating on whether or not I should make my wedding invitations. Has anyone else done this? Is it tacky? I found a kit in Walmart that was very plain and can definitely be altered. We are having a beach wedding and a brunch after, so it is very casual. I do not want my invites to be super formal, but I want them to be nice. Let me know if anyone has any ideas on this. I am interested to hear some feedback.




Hope everyone has a great Saturday. I am going to stamp.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Hi Dawn, I just read your post about your wedding invites. I just got married myself in September and I made my invites. I won't lie and tell you that it was easy but I am a bit of a perfectionist and I changed the design a dozen times but it was so worth it. So many people were really impressed. Some so that they did not realize that I had made them until they overheard in other converstions. If you want to see my invite email me at staarn3@epix.net and I will post my invites on my blog lostintheink.blogspot.com Have a great day. Stacy

Caroline LeBel, Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

Like Stacy, I made my wedding invites too... and that was what, 10 years ago? I kept them very simple, ivory with a gold embossed image, and we loved making them (yes, hubby helped!)

So go for it! and hey,,, get a personalized stamp made with you & your fiancés name to stamp the BACK of the invites with :)