Nov 14, 2007

Sketch Challenge

I am going to be so sad when SU retires the color Blue Bayou. It is definitely one of my favorites. You can combine it with so many colors. I tend to always use Soft Sky, but it looks really good with the Basic Gray also. I filled out a survey for SU yesterday, and it was about their color families. I told them that I wanted to see them keep some of the In Colors each year and make that a separate color family. We will see if they change anything.




This card is for the sketch challenge over at SCS today. I used blue bayou, soft sky, and very vanilla cs, plus blue bayou and soft sky ink. I stamped with MFT's Boho Blossoms set and SU's Small script for the sentiment. I used my new Cuttlebug (ty Aunt Diane) for the vanilla strip in the middle. I embossed the vanilla flower with iridescent ice ep, added a SU jumbo eyelet with a rhinestone glue dotted in the center, and added some SU ribbon. I am just starting to use my Cuttlebug, but I see huge potential. I cleaned out AC Moore when they had all the Cuttlebug accessories 40% off, so I have lots to try.




I am off to get my hair cut. I will try to post something later. I am working on some Thanksgiving cards for my future sis-in-law to give to her customers. I am determined to get them done today. If I do, I will post it for you to see. Have a great Wednesday!!

2 comments:

amanda said...

This is a really pretty card. I love the stamp that you used on the flower.

Lynn Put said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful, I really like this big flower and the colors are great!