Color Challenge
Hi all! Can anyone believe that it is 2008??? I sure can't. It seems like this year just flew by. This year will be a busy one for me. I am getting married in May, and I know the next few months will go by so fast with all of the planning. I need to get a florist, book a DJ, make my invitations and maybe favors, and get a dress for me and my maid and matron of honor, and a suit for the fiancee' and best man. Whew, that's a laundry list. I will have to fit my stamping around all of that. Wish me luck!
We took down our tree today, and I thought I deserved a break after all the hard work. I decided to come stamp while the fiancee' watched all of the bowl games. I have no interest in college football, stamping sounded better.
I made a card for the color challenge at SCS. I needed a get well card for a stamping friend. She has the shingles. Not the best way to start her new year. I thought a card was in order.
I used my new SU A Little Birdie Told Me stamp set. The colors were taken with teal, real red, certainly celery. I added some SU designer paper to paper piece the bird and umbrella, and for the scallop border. I got my Cuttlebug back out for some texture (they have some new folders that I can't wait to get) and added a dotted gel pen border, did some paper piercing, and some ribbon. I bought these cute Making Memories button brads the other day. I decided to put them on after I glued it together. So I cut the legs off of them and put them on with glue dots. Always improvising (cause I screw up a lot).
I am off to make some more needed cards. Will post again soon. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:
Post a Comment