Jan 2, 2008

MFT Sketch Challenges


Have I told you all how much I love my stamps from My Favorite Things (MFT)???? Well I do! All of their sets are so cute and I love the headless people. I just love how each one has a bunch of images to choose from to make your card different. They are also so fun to color. My fiancee' has promised me some Copic markers after we pay some Christmas bills, and these will be the first stamps that I color with them.


So each week there is a MFT Sketch Challenge at SCS. I want to make sure that I do each week's sketch. I love seeing what everyone comes up with especially the design team as the are o so talented.


The first card I used the Rain or Shine stamps. Colors are cert celery, pretty in pink, and some CTMH dp. I had a time with the umbrella. I wanted to do something different with it so I stamped it in cert celery and punched out where the polka dots were. I then put some dp behind it and on the edge to give it some pattern and texture. It definitely looks better IRL. I made the handle sparkle with some stardust gel pen and used some clear ep on the boots. I should have done the same to the umbrella. I punched out some circles to keep the polka dot them.



The second card was a lot simpler. I used the Hot Stuff stamps and so saffron, close to cocoa, confetti cream paper, and some brown stazon ink. I used my cinnamon stickles for the first time on the beans and the coffee. The dp is retired SU and the ribbon is from my stash. I love those little coffee cups!

Well, I am off to the post office to ship some retired stamps to some lucky ebayers. I am going to work on the sketch challenge today at SCS so check back for more later.

No comments: