Sketch Challenge

I wanted to work on the Gina K. sketch challenge (see post below), but I had to get some stuff done first. Our dog desperately needed a bath, and I had a ton of laundry. Then I had to watch my NY Giants win (yeah!). After that, I worked on these 2 cards.
I only have one Gina K. set, so I was limited to my ideas. My first card did not turn out like I wanted it to. The image was embossed with white ep and just didn't come out right. I never have any luck with white ep on black paper (is it just me?). The rest of the card I do like. I even broke out the magic mesh for this one (so old school). I got to use my new nestabilities dies that I got yesterday. I really love those.
The second card I really do like better. The soft sky and the cert celery look pretty together. I did MJ Albright's trick with the scallop punch by doing it twice to make it more flower like. Thanks MJ! I had these pretty brads that matched and used lots of crystal effects on the toilet and stickles for the water (think the tidy bowl man).
I posted them on SCS and we will see what the Gina K. girls think! I made a card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge (yes it's back, yeah!), but it has to dry before I finish it. Think Papertray stamps........I'll post tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment