Jan 9, 2008

Target Enabler^^^^^^^^


Emily Giovanni is always posting about her Target finds on her blog, which makes me go to the store more often. I went back today looking for those cute mailboxes (they were all gone), and found this great ribbon in the $1 spot! The 1/4 inch ribbon was $1 for 6 yards( 1 yd each of 6 patterns), and the 3/8 ribbon was $1 for 3 yds (1 yd each of 3 patterns). It was so cute that I had to buy it. They also had some Valentine's kits and these heart shaped paper doilies. Do these not remind you of a grade school project or what? I had to buy them. They were $1 for a pack of 20. So when I got home I decided to try and use some of the new stuff.



I started out with the sketch challenge at SCS today. It is a kickstand card designed by Kirsten Dubosque. It is a cool type of card where the front layer is shorter with a piece attached to it to make a kickstand to hold up the card. She is a clever girl that Kirsten.




I used my new doilies for the front. I glued one to some black cs and cut around it leaving a small border. I then stamped the I Love You from SU's Short and Sweet stamp set. Next, I embossed it with iridescent ice ep. The dp is Rusty pickle and other cs is creamy caramel. I also stamped the background with the Itty Bitty backgrounds in creamy caramel and ruby red. I finished it off with some black ribbon and a Making Memories key charm, and some flower rhinestones.



Tonight is the release party for MFT over at SCS. It should be a lot of fun and the new stuff is so cute! The credit card may take a hit tonight! Hope to see you there.

No comments: