Feb 24, 2008

Beate's WSC

I told my fiance' that I need to quit my job since I was more creative in the morning and day than at night. He didn't seem too thrilled at that idea. When I got home from work Friday night, I was determined to get some cards done for some up coming birthdays. But it just wasn't happening. I had a great Beate sketch, many other SCS challenges from the week, and still nothing. Zero. Zip. Zilch (Ok I am sre you get it by now). I have a ton of uninked stamps that need using but could still not find any inspiration. Does anyone else have a problem creating when they are tired?






I finally came up with this card. I used Beate's WSC since it was simple and I thought it would be a great way to get out of my rut. I used the kangaroo from the Gina K set Just So Hoppy and the sentiment. The dp is from Doodlebug and the cs is Papertrey white, green galore, pumpkin pie, and pink passion (I think). I colored the roo with my Copics (still practicing) and wasn't thrilled when I lined everything up. I then had an ahh haa moment when I decided to use the balloon. I used some silver cord and pierced a hole on the top of its hand and the bottom, I put the cord thru and used some tape to hold it on the back. The rest went up to the balloon. I lastly added the stickles to the balloon and the sentiment frame, and some Target $1 spot flower rhinestones in the corners. All in all, I like this card. I was about done after making it and went to bed.







We were so busy on Saturday that I did not have any time to stamp (I have also been "accused" lately of spending too much time stamping, I didn't think there was such a thing). The fiance's kids were here and we had our usual Saturday night Wii tournament(the accuser sat on the couch and watched TV instead of playing, hmmm). I am trying to get good at billiards and it's just not working. I think that I am laughing too much and messing up my shots. But it's a ton of fun and I told the kids to remember who always played with them when I am old and need someone to take care of me.







Speaking of getting old, the 13 old girl told me I was "sort of young still" (ouch), because I was still "very cool and fun". Now is that not the best compliment that you can get from a 13 yr old???? I think so. I was trying to figure out what she wanted, but it seemed she was sincere. I will definitely work on keeping my cool status.







OK, I got my new Papertrey stamps yesterday, ( I have been spelling Papertrey wrong forever, forgive me Nichole). They are so pretty and you will love the sentiments. They are Bible passages mostly and are beautiful with the images. I also got some of her new cs and dp plus ribbon. I am going to make a card with them today. I swear! Have a good one.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

very nice card! I like the string you drew, definitely looks like a breeze has caught it!:)
Hope you wake up on the right side again tomorrow!(me too, fingers crossed!)