Feb 13, 2008

Copics and a Contest




Well, I finally got my Copics that I had been stalking the mailman for. I got them from Kim at MFT since they were reasonably priced and she offers free shipping over $40. I was a little nervous about trying them for the first time. So many truly gifted artists make them look so easy and great to color with, that I figured I wouldn't be good at using them! Well I found out they are super easy to color with, just not as easy to BLEND with. Most of the beautiful cards that you see have blending of similiar colors. This isn't easy if you only own one box of Copics. It just makes me want more! I tried to do it a little with the blues on my card with the old man, but it didn't quite look the way I wanted. It is definitely colored nicely, but it lacks that blending that I see so many do. I hope it is just that I need practice and some more colors, and not that I stink at coloring. I used my Copics on all the projects in this post.






Speaking of these projects, these all were for the contests during Gina K's release party this past Sunday night. They had 3 sketch challenges, and a challenge to alter something. I was excited because she gave until 11am on Tuesday to submit your projects. Since I work full-time, I often can't participate or have to do my project when I get home the next night giving me only and hour or so to do it. When I got home Monday night, I had a bunch of ideas rolling around in my head. I stayed up until midnight (way past my bedtime), and created 2 projects for the altering, and the 3 cards. They all use Gina K. stamps and Copics. I won't list everything else as not to bore anyone. Anything you need to know, just leave me a comment.




I got my stamps from MFT and need to work on my wedding invites. I will post them after they go out. Hopefully I will take a break and work on a challenge or 2. Have a great day!

No comments: