May 28, 2008

Wednesday


As I sit here and wait for the UPS man to come, I worked on today's sketch challenge. I wanted to use up some scraps on my craft table (I hate keeping little pieces of DP, but I won't throw them away!). The sketch was an easy one today. Not too many layers, so I decided to do 2. I am working on some Father's Day cards to bring into work for the girls. I am so in love with this Gina K set, King of the Grill, that I had to use it again. The first card I used some chalk to color in the images. I also used my new Gina K. Rain Dot eyelets and the metallic paste that is so cool.
The second card is paper pieced and colored with Copics. I used a retired SU stamp for the golf ball and the sentiment is from another Gina K set called Kindred Greetings for Him. This is a must have set, since it covers the hardest kind of sentiment, the ones for a man! I stitched around the sentiment with some hemp cord, and my favorite part is the bottom row of stamps. These are the nails from this set that I colored in to look like tees. I cut the hammer and nails apart when I trimmed the stamps to make it easier to separate them. That is one of the coolest features of her stamps, you can trim them how you want.





So it seems like I am so loving Gina K. right now. Wanna know why??? I won a stamp set from her for a sketch challenge, and I got a golden ticket in my last order!! She was so sweet as to be giving out free stamp sets and a $100 shopping spree to her store. I was lucky enough to get one for a free stamp set. I will have to decide what I want. I may wait until the next new release......




Have a great day everyone!

No comments: