Jun 1, 2008

Bad Blogger

So as usual, I have been a bad blogger. I have been so busy this week trying to organize and clean my house. I have been managing to slip in some creative time here and there. I made this card with my new Papertrey stamps, Father Knows Best. I just love the possibilities of this set. The layering options are so cool and the sentiments are beautiful. Male cards are very hard to make (I want to put sparkle and ribbon on everything), but these images are so good, they can stand on their own. I am happy to see stamp designers trying to make more male oriented products. The paper is Papertrey white, old olive, and choc chip. It is colored with Copics and some metallic paste is rubbed around the edges. The dp is retired SU.






I mentioned the organizing part of my week. I am trying to put away some stuff that I got for my bridal shower. I am packing up some very old glasses and dishes to make room for the new stuff. I also am on a mission to make a better space for me to scrapbook and stamp. I currently work on a 4x4 card table (not good to stamp acrylic stamps on) and my actual workspace is about 8in by 8in! I need some room to spread out so I can leave unfinished projects out to come back to later. I love to scrapbook, but haven't been doing it in a long time because I have to do it on the dining room table. That means taking everything out and putting it away every time. I like to leave a page unglued a day or two to make sure I am happy with the layout. Sometimes it needs to sit for a day or so ( kind of simmer like a good spaghetti sauce) before I am happy with it. The problem is, I need some ideas. I have looked at a lot of people's spaces, and need to figure out what's best for me. I am thinking a long desk with storage above and below. Can anyone give me some ideas? Post a pic if you have one. I thank you already!





I better get back to my organizing. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Cindy Haffner said...

Great Father's Day card, TFS.