Jun 8, 2008

MFT Challenges


I was so bummed yesterday when I found out the challenge to be a guest design team member for MFT, ended Friday night. I had thought that they all ended today (Sunday). After I saw that, I went to work on the Ambassador's challenges (see SCS for more info).





My first card is for the paper toile technique. This is where you stamp and color an image, then stamp and color it again, cutting out a few elements. Then you put them on the original stamped image with a pop dot to give them dimension. My picture isn't great. The arm, dog, and umbrella are popped up. I used the MFT Rain or Shine set, Papertrey white, sweet blush, and berry sorbet cs. I colored it with Copics, cuttlebugged the base, and added some stickles and Making Memories brads and die cut. I think this would be a sweet get well card.





For the second card, we had to make a 3x3 card and envelope. I decorated a SU envelope with some CTMH dp and sponged on some brown palette ink. The card is made with MFT Think Pink set. I colored it with Copics again, and added a Queen & Co sequin flower and brad. I stamped the ribbon on some certainly celery SU ribbon for a little detail. This one is going to my sis-in-law. She was diagnosed with breast cancer on her lung (she had breast cancer 7 yrs ago and was clean for that long) a few months ago. They removed her ovaries hoping that this would starve the tumor. She got some good news the other day. Her blood tests showed that it had shrunk significantly! We feel so blessed and thankful for this. I wanted to give her a card to let her know how excited we were at the news. I am crossing my fingers that all news is good from now on.





So, the hubby went fishing today, and besides laundry, I think I will spend my day in my craft room. I am having lighting issues, and we asked someone in Lowes's about it. He recommended these craft energy saver bulbs (the twisted looking ones) and my craft room is like daylight now! They are recommended for sewers and crafters. They are a bit more expensive, but they are supposed to last a long time and save energy. The only drawback is that they contain mercury, so if you break one, you may need to call hazmat! So hopefully my cards will look better in the pics and overall since I can see.






Hope everyone has a great Sunday! I am off to stamp.

1 comment:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your MFT cards, awesome job.