Aug 19, 2008

Cards for Men

Every stamper that I know, has one time or another complained about making male cards. As women, we want glitter, sparkles, ribbon (some more than others) on our cards. And we have a hard time leaving these out. I can sometimes make ribbon manly, but it's a bit hard to do with pink glitter. So we are limited on embellishments and colors and stamps.






Well this is another reason that I love Gina K. She gives us the girly, sparkly, and pretty, but also gives us the manly. I was thrilled when she released the King of the Grill set. These are all images that I can relate to one man or another in my life. Golf for Dad and Brother, grill for Hubby and every other man I know (lol), hammer and nails for Hubby, etc. I find myself reaching for this set over and over.






So as usual, I needed a manly card for my friend's hubby. I decided the grill stamp would work. I made it simple, some DCWV dp, some mustard and turquoise cs, and some jumbo brads. I colored it with Copics, and went over the handles and the smoke with a black gel pen. Simple, easy, effective. The way a manly card should be.





I need to give props to 3 other Gina K sets that are manly to me. Mel M's t-shirt set, Gina's You Know Your Old When set, and Gina's Way to Go set (what man wouldn't love a toilet card???). These all rock in my opinion. So Gina, keep those manly sets coming! I will keep happily buying them....

No comments: