Sep 20, 2008

Blog Candy Winner and a Unity Card

Hi all! I hope everyone is having a great Saturday. I have been doing some yard work with the hubby, but am inside now ready to do some stamping. It is beautiful outside here in SC today, sunny and 70's, perfect! So I do feel guilty about being inside, but I have so much to catch up on. I made this card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge from last weekend. I made it for the Unity Blog Hop this past Thursday. I used this adorable Unity set called Lovin From the Oven. Isn't the sentiment adorable? I stamped it with black Memento ink and colored it with Copics. I added some rhinestones for the cherries and cut it out and glued it on a piece of cert celery cs. I used some of SU's new Bella Rose dp which I love. I added some riding hood red and black cs, and some ribbon and button brads. I did some faux stitching to keep with the homey feel. I think it's cute, and I love this new red. Try to join us next Thurs on the Unity forum on SCS, it is lots of fun with prizes and discounts. These stamps rock!





OK, now on to the blog candy. I was a little disappointed in the number of entries I received, but that just makes it easier for those who entered. The winner is Claudia who said

Claudia said...
Love your work, it's wonderful. My stupidest injury was cutting my finger open while cleaning my scissors. I wanted to de-gunk my scissors after cutting rubber stamps to mount and rubbed too hard, cut my finger open in the process. Hope your thumb is feeling better.Claudia

Congrats! I will email you for your address. Thanks to all who entered. I will have another when I hit 7000 visits. Off to stamp!

1 comment:

Stampin Cats said...

I would have entered your blog candy but I have no power here in Ohio due to wind storms from Ike. I have a lot of blogging friends in TX that still have no power. Sorry we missed it.